Saturday, June 17, 2006

Floor Treasures

I am a beachcombing magpie at heart and that means I notice stuff on the floor that other folk walk right over. Here are a couple of things I've notice at my feet in recent months ...

The Art of Seeing

This was one of a few 'floor treasures' I spotted at the Henshaws Arts & Crafts Centre in Knaresborough (see previous post) which is a very inspiring place to spend an afternoon. The quote is from Jonathan Swift.


Girl in the Grass

That's another one from the Arts & Crafts Centre ... there was a matching one that had 'Boy' carved into it but I didn't photograph it for some reason ... maybe my feminist side subconciously editing my shots ;-)




Faded Princess

Last of the floor stones from the Arts & Crafts Centre.


Floor Locker

I spotted this rusty padlock stuck in the floor of a track through a forest north-east of York ... the name aludes me ... have I mentioned before about how much I love seeing man-made objects in natural settings? ~~~ it's all about the juxtopositions baby :o}

No comments: