Saturday, October 28, 2006

52 Figments - Betsy Beth


Lizbet ...
She brings sunshine to every season but blossoms on long, lazy summer days when her birkenstocks and jewel-painted toes leave a trail of sunbeams wherever she goes.
She lights up rooms like a million twinkling fairylights reflected in champagne bubbles and candle-lit crystal chandeliers.
She is brightly coloured beach huts, Mr Moos icecream, wet pebbles glistening like gemstones on the beach and a lighthouse guiding me home.
She is a knitting goddess playing on swings, walking the long way back and cycling through fields full of sunset and golden sunflowers.
She is cross-legged picnics with good wine, good friends, an endless supply of olives, ducks as office pets and laughter like Rowan Kid Classic.
She is a glittery collage bursting with colour, inspiration, easy beauty, bravery, truth, kind questions, passion and fun.
She is not perfection but she is perfect as she is. She lets me stand in the dark while holding out a hand of stars and moonlight and her hugs are like comfort blankets made of angels wings.
She walks softly and lovingly through my sometimes fragile thoughts: joy-bringing, soul-sharing and the very sweetest of friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update: here's what the lovely Lizbet said about me ... I can't read it without a few tears of joy welling up in my eyes :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you've said about your friend is absolutely the most beautiful thing I've ever heard! She sounds wonderful, but in writing this about her, SO DO YOU! I loved your face when I clicked on it (and your man) to see the larger version, and it said to me, "This is a really golden person! I'd like to know her". Alas, I live in Pittsburgh, not very close to Kent. But I will be visiting your blog from now on. I found it because I subscribe to Illustration Friday, and you have suggested this Friday's theme. I already have some neat ideas. Thanks!
~Carol Rose

Helen Harrop said...

Hi Carol Rose, thanks for your comment ... I was overwhelmed by the kindness of your words and couldn't really think how to respond except with a huge thanks :-)