Sunday, February 03, 2008

Secret Sauce update

I mentioned *a while ago* (in this post) that I'd bought Sophie Nicholl's inspirational e-book: 'Hypnotic Journaling'. I had planned to have finished it all by now but a mixture of a stupidly hectic month at work and my procratinating ass has meant I've only had a chance to go back and re-read the introduction and the first chapter. I made a conscious decision not to run ahead and read through the whole book until I'd made a serious effort at the exercise in the first chapter ... I'm sooo glad I made that decision because I had a total revelation while I was working on it (more on that another time!).

But what I really wanted to tell you was that I met Sophie again a couple of weeks ago (I was sober, she was just as lovely as I'd remembered). Sophie told me about a few exciting ideas she has for workshops (psst ... one involves creative writing and hand-made jewellery ... intriguing!). A few days ago Sophie announced a 'Word Sauce' creative writing workshop which she's holding in York - I signed straight up and can't wait ... Sophie describes the workshop as "a special Sunday of delicious writing exercises designed to get your creative juices flowing and helping you to (re)connect with the 'real' you - that deep down source of infinite happiness and confidence."

With all my Maisel-inspired work on creating meaning at the moment, Sophie's workshop couldn't have come at a better time :-) I have a slightly strange 'on the cusp of something big' feeling which is exciting and scary at the same time ... Mr Maisel arrives in a few days and [blog exclusive] in a month or so I'm gearing myself up to open an etsy shop to sell some of my art and photography ... eeek!

ready to jump, originally uploaded by creating in the dark.

No comments: