Sunday, February 17, 2008

discoveries


discoveries
Originally uploaded by creating in the dark


A few weeks ago my dearheart and I spent a blissful long weekend in a dreamily swanky penthouse appartment overlooking the sea in Whitby. We had a chilled out break with lots of wandering around and nosing around in cute little shops. One of the shops we stumbled across is called "Shepherd's Purse" and it's an unexpected gem of a wholefood store with a Noa Noa outlet tucked away in the back. The photo on the righthand side is off a dressmaker's dummy in the back of the shop which had all sorts of pretty things attached to it. I loved it so much that I asked the man in the shop if he'd mind me taking photos (which he didn't). About a week later my husband told me he'd got a surprise for me ... lo and behold he'd discovered a dressmaker's dummy in the loft of our house!!! It now stands in my craft room and I'm planning to cover it in bits and pieces like the one I saw in Whitby :-)

Yesterday I caught up with Holly Becker's ever-inspiring blog (Decor8) and was thrilled to see that she's recently done a piece on dressmaking mannequins ... serendipity seems to be having a field day this month!

**Curiouser and curiouser ... I've just found out that Noa Noa have recently opened a store in Copenhagen Airport ... where I happen to be flying from next week, hurrah!**

2 comments:

Obat Penyakit Maag Akut said...

So what can WE do, everyone around Australia, and the world? What can I do?

Obat Menurunkan Asam Lambung said...

Do our nation proud, show your cake support, help out QLD today! Get shopping!