Thursday, February 10, 2005

The mighty tilda

So anyway the sofas finally arrived around 4:45pm yesterday. I'll have to post a photo of them so you can see what all the *broohah* was over ... or perhaps I'll be one of those bloggers who plans to post photos but never gets round to it, too early to tell yet. My soulmate was kind enough to phone up customer services at 4pm yesterday to enquire the whereabouts of said sofas. He didn't use an angry tone of voice even after he was put on hold for *a very long time* while the CS lady tried to contact the driver. My soulmate even used the words 'fair enough' in response to the CS lady letting him know that they couldn't get through to the courier company and they'd keep trying and phone him back when they knew what was happening (which of course they didn't but that's forgiveable as sofas turned up anyway). It's the little things like that which remind me why I fell in love with and married my soulmate ... he's so measured and calm when I would be all testy and righteous.
So I was thinking this morning that I should buy a new laptop once I am back in employment because my hand me down one doesn't have my favourite key stroke ... but on closer inspection it is there, just mapped to the wrong key. ~ How do ordinary folk live without using the ~tilda~ in all they type?

No comments: