Thursday, February 24, 2005

Yay, I've worked out how to post pictures!


'Testing lines for troubling times'

This picture was done with coloured pencils, a metal ruler, patience and perseverance. It took a couple of days over 4 or 5 sessions (I only did it a couple of weeks ago and already I've forgotten how many) when I would draw lines with 12 or so coloured pencils in rotation until my whole body became twitchy and restless and I felt like screaming ... at which point I would take a break before I destroyed something in a tasmanian devil style outburst. In the interests of *just getting the damn thing posted* I haven't done any smart stuff with it (like work out which way round it goes or crop the sketchbook spiral off) but I might do so or perhaps not. Still, hurrah and huzzah for a completed piece of artwork which is composed of ~lots~ of pencil lines (if anyone has the time to count them then drop me a line and I'll rename the piece in your honour, maybe) and is more geometric than I'd expect from myself, if you know what I mean.
*~ n.b. Now that I have conquered picture posting technology I'm going to mess with the very fabric of time itself and post some earlier stuff with photos ... not to deliberately confuse the general blog visiting public, honest ~*

No comments: