Tuesday, April 12, 2005

EDM - Week 10 - Hands


'Pitta Palm'

Today I spent my lunch hour sat at my desk (I know, I still can't believe I'm finally working either!) sketching my lunch and my hand with my new found loves ... my Rotring art pen and my Letraset ProMarkers. Hey who needs pencils or erasers?!
My Grandma told me I had piano player's fingers and I've always had a burning ambition to play the piano ... heck one day I might even plug in the keyboard that's propped up in my art room and give it a go ;-) ... but anyway there's already one musician in this house so it can survive without me making music for a bit longer.
My new job as a temporary research assistant is going well ... 4 days done and about 5 weeks more still to do. I'm missing having all that free time but not the guilt that went with it :-)

This week's hand challenge didn't frighten me as much as it should have done cos I drew my hand when I flirted with Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain so here's what it looked like in 2002 sketched in pencil ... notice the lack of both engagement and wedding rings:


'An Old Hand'

6 comments:

Kymberlee said...

LOVE this entry. Love that you included your lunch! The color of the hands is masterful. I'm still exploring doing color that isn't just flat. I took a peek at your journal and really enjoyed the last several entries. I'm glad to have had a peek into your world. :-)

Patsy Terrell said...

This looks great... Other than the fact it makes me want to delete my own pitiful attempts, it's wonderful. :)

Robyn said...

This is a wonderful post, HellKitten. It is great to document your progress. I love the colouring but I have a great deal of problem letting go of the crutch of my lead pencil and eraser :-)

Thanks for sharing.

Janey said...

This is a great drawing. I really like the words wrapped around the hand. And your lunch could be posted for the Illustration Challenge Alone.

Ramesh Gandhi said...

I like the way you included the lunch -- even the missing portion of the pitta. And it's interesting that you got such colour tones with markers -- I've never heard of these before. It's a very well-done drawing. I love all the narratives that go with the challenge drawings - words and images mean so much more than just one or the other.

Anonymous said...

I fixed the link - it really helps if you actually put a link in there). And I'm puttng a real link under favorities just so see you blush again :>