Sunday, March 06, 2005

An Angel for Michelangelo


'See the Angel'

I was prompted to do this piece today by a blog I read recently which encouraged readers to do something creative for Michelangelo Day ... unfortunately I haven't been able to find the blog again (doh!) but when I do, I'll post a link to it here. ~~~ I found the blog so you can read all about the Michelangelo Project on French Toast Girl's website
The quote on it is from Michelangelo and reads: 'I see the angel in the stone, and chip away at everything around it.' The inspiration for my drawing came from my first effort at an altered book (still a work in progress at the moment) which I've also posted below. I've changed the lady a little to make her more angelic and used the most amazing gold and silver pens (Staedtler triplus gel-liners) which shimmer on the page for the quote and her hair and wings and tattoos. I used my trusty quilters pencil to sketch it to begin with and then added some colour with some colour pencils. I love how it turned out and it will be finding its way onto my studio wall very soon :-)


'French Kiss pages 2 & 3'

And while I'm on the subject of angels, here's a photo of some graffiti on a wall near our house. I always wonder what the artist was thinking when they did it. Unfortunately the first time I saw it I also thought it said 'ARSE' so that always goes through my mind aswell.

'Arise Graffiti'

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I like your angel, and your altered book. Will keep visiting! I'm from the Everyday Matters group by the way. Best wishes from Liverpool, Maggie