Thursday, March 24, 2005

If only I'd done this at the beginning!

Well today I added a visitor counter to my blog (right at the *very* bottom of the page) and now it looks very strange - *hey great blog ... it's 5 months old and only had 3 visitors ... way to go norma-no-friends!* I got my free counter from the nice people at statcounter and it was easy enough to add to my blog template following their instructions. So now I can feel downhearted about the lack of visitors as well as the lack of comments ... nah not really, I do this blog as a way towards creative recovery so in some ways the fewer comments and visitors I get the freer I feel to post whatever I want without worrying whether anyone will like it. I need to get into the habit of just creating without relying on someone standing at my elbow stroking my ego and feeding me positive reinforcement - I need to find my own internal source of creative bravery if that makes any sense. That's not to say that I don't appreciate the lovely, supportive comments that folk have been kind enough to post here, just that I mustn't fall into the trap of relying on receiving comments in order to motivate my creativity.
Not sure where adding a statcounter to my blog fits in with all that but I am a curious little kitten after all ;-)

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Thanks for the link to statcounter... I'm looking at it, but I'm so techno-useless I may not get it working. Back to watching Graham Norton in Strictly Dance Fever! I think Graham Norton is great. Not so keen on dancing, but there you go!