Monday, March 14, 2005

Some Astrological Inspiration

Well I wouldn't run my life by astrology or anything but I always read my horoscope if I come across it in a newspaper or magazine. A couple of weeks ago I signed up for Rob Brezsny's weekly horoscope and this was my one for this week which arrived last Wednesday:
"VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): Shortly after the year 1000, Icelandic Vikings made two sojourns in the land that's now called North America. During the second expedition, one of the brave explorers, Gudrid Thorbjarnardottir, gave birth to a son. Snorri Thorfinnsson became the first European born in the New World. I hereby appoint Snorri to be your patron saint in the coming weeks, Virgo. May he inspire you to beget a brainchild as you acclimate yourself to living in a frontier."

This seemed somewhat serendipitous for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I'd been looking up info on vikings earlier in the day while deciding what to draw for Illustration Friday. Secondly, I'd also had an idea about drawing the patron saint of job seekers (I have a job interview this Friday you see). The thing I particularly like about Rob's newsletter is that there's always some homework to do at the bottom of the newsletter. This week it was:
What would the people who love you best say is the most important thing for you to learn?
I like getting e-mails that make me think more about what's going on inside my head even if I don't actually sit down and physically write something down. If you want a weekly dose of inspirational astrology you can subscribe to Rob's newsletter here.

No comments: